Study Abroad Program in Greece
Program Title and Dates
- Study Abroad in Greece – SA Summer Session 251 (06/01-07/01/2020)
- Travel dates
- Departure to Athens: June 01, 2020
- Return to San Marcos: July 01, 2020
- Athens, Nafplio, and Paros island
- Site visits to Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Greek Forum of Refugees, Mycenae, and Epidaurus (subject to change)
- Workshop at the Department of Psychology, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Undergraduate students with good standing (not on academic probation)
- Students must enroll to 2 courses offered by the program (6 credit hrs)
- Students must get classes approved by their academic advisor before applying to the program (see the Faculty-Led Participation Approval form)
Students must take 2 courses during study abroad, chosen from the following:
- PSY 3331* – Social Psychology
- PSY 3334* – Psychology of Human Diversity
- PSY 3361* – Health Psychology
- PSY 4395 – Individual Study
- HON 4391 – Independent Study
*These classes can be taken for Honors credit with an Honors College contract
The exact program price will be announced at the Study Abroad Fair on October 30, 2019 from 10am-2pm in the LBJ Ballroom. Expect it to cost around $4,600.
- $200 non-refundable application fee
- $300 program deposit
- Tuition & fees for 6 hours of university credit
- Some meals
- Local transportation and entrance fees to group excursions
- International medical/travel Insurance
- Does not include airfare (typically $1500)
- Does not include some meals and personal travel before/during/after program (It is recommended to bring about $1000 for these expenses)
- Hostel (Athens)
- Double occupancy hotel rooms and studio apartments (Nafplio & Paros)
The Education Abroad office has information about financial aid and scholarships on their website.
Contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship office to explore your financing options
How & When to Apply
- Attend the Study Abroad Fair on October 30, 2019 from 10am-2pm in the LBJSC Ballroom.
- Online application will open on November 1, 2019 on the Education Abroad website.
- In order to submit online application a student must upload the Faculty-Led Participation Approval form with the course selection approved by an academic advisor and pay the $200 application fee
- Apply early – in past years our Study Abroad in Greece was full by the end of fall semester!
- To learn more about the psychology department Study Abroad in Greece program, contact Dr. Maria Czyzewska (Academic Program Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the Education Abroad Website.