Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA)
What is a GTA?
- A GTA is a Graduate Teaching Assistant and reported as the "Teacher of Record" for an organized class
- A GTA is employed by an academic department and paid from faculty salaries
- Must have earned 18 graduate semester hours in their teaching discipline
- Must enroll in PSY 5105 three times
- Must report directly to a faculty member and be evaluated regularly
- Enrollment in (9) nine semester credit hours in a graduate degree program
- Must be degree-seeking candidate
- Must maintain a 3.0 Texas State GPA.